There are a few things that should have been left back in high school – the side ponytail, the blue mascara… You would think Acne would be part of that list, right?
Unfortunately, unlike your love for somewhat embarrassing make-up trends (we swear they were cool at the time!), acne isn’t always something you can say goodbye to so easily.
A Secret Skincare Patient - Before & After using the Acne Formula
Acne is one of the most normal parts of growing up. Of course, you get the lucky few who manage to get away unscathed by it all, but for most of us its a “been there, done that, don’t ever want to do it again” type situation. Yet it still happens to be something that will follow us into adulthood.
Adult Acne it is becoming increasingly more common in adults and If you’ve experienced it, then you know how much of an impact it can really have on a person’s confidence. We’ve simplified it for you so you can better understand why your skin might be acting up and what you can do to take back control.
There are four factors that directly contribute to the formation of acne:
- Excess oil production
- Pores becoming clogged by dead skin cells
These however, are largely influenced by lifestyle factors such as:
- Hormones, stress, and the menstrual cycle in women, all of which can influence oil production
- Hair products, skin care products, and makeup, which can clog pores
- Diet, which can influence inflammation throughout the body.
- Some medications, including corticosteroids, anabolic steroids, and lithium, can also cause acne.
Many skin disorders can be a window into our inner-health. Acne can sometimes be an outward symptom of something happening internally. Our doctors always recommend taking a holistic approach when it comes to your skin, meaning you should always be looking from the inside out. While you are trying to fix the potential internal causes behind you acne, what are we to do in the meantime?
The Secret Skincare has got this answer covered.
We understand that breakouts are unfortunate yet unavoidable part of life. The good news is, with the right tools, it's also a manageable part of life. Whether it's the occasional breakout or more severe, cystic acne - both our original Cellular Repair Night Cream and the Acne Night Formula are designed to manage acne and restore clarity to your skin.
The Cellular Repair Night Cream uses active ingredients to increase the rate at which your skin cells turnover. This process rids the skin of anything on the surface layer in the way of its clarity and brings through shiny, new baby cells for a smoother, clearer and brighter complexion.
The Acne Night Cream behaves in a similar manner, while also utilising topical antibiotics known amongst dermatologist circles to be the most effective for the treatment of acne vulgaris. This powerful compound prevents the further spread of acne and assists healing for clear, radiant skin. It can also be used as a spot treatment for stubborn breakouts in contained areas of the face and is a fantastic option for those not wanting to take the route of the pill or harsher oral medications such as Accutane.
Not sure which formulation will be best suited to you? Check your symptom picture below to help you make a decision.
- Hormonal blemishes, generally found around chin area
- Blemishes from stress, again generally found around the chin area and cheeks
- Occasional breakouts
- Big, painful and consistently recurring blemishes around the chin area that never really disappear
- Blemishes that aren’t restricted to one area
- Clusters of breakouts on the forehead and cheek area.
- Large and more frequent breakouts largely due to congestion of a build of oil in the pores (cystic / more severe)
Pictured - Secret Skincare patient who used the Acne Night Cream to get her breakouts under control before switching to the Cellular Repair Night Cream to maintain her results.